Spring is great for many reasons: flowers start to bloom, you can crack windows for crisp air and your power bill is commonly at its most economical. That’s because you’re not relying on your heating or air.
But as temps begin to climb, so do your energy bills. Here are a few suggestions for saving energy in Fort Lauderdale and keeping payments down.
1. Schedule Yearly AC Maintenance
Giving your air conditioning system a yearly maintenance visit can help it run more efficiently and reduce costs. Switching out your air filter will help keep utility charges low.
If your HVAC equipment has seen better days, spring is a smart time to upgrade it. The energy-saving technology in updated cooling systems is a huge plus in keeping your energy expenses down.
2. Start with Your Thermostat
There’s a painless way you can save up to 10% on HVAC charges. Just turn your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours a day.
Understanding how to efficiently use your thermostat is the easiest way to reduce energy charges in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re at home. Think about it this way, the less significant the difference between outside temperatures and inside temperatures, the less expensive your energy cost will be.
- When you’re out, set the thermostat to a considerably higher temperature or turn it off. There’s no reason to cool an empty home.
3. Take Advantage of Other Methods to Cool Your House
You can turn to a couple other approaches to help keep your house comfortable:
- Use a ceiling fan—By running a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no loss in comfort. Have your fan spin counterclockwise during the summer, which forces cool air upward. This moves cool air more evenly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds closed—Sunlight quickly converts to heat as it passes through windows. Keep your residence comfortable by shutting blinds and curtains when you’re not using sunny rooms.
4. Think About Using a Smart Thermostat
You’re out of the house and immediately realize you forgot to turn up the thermostat. Then you stew about it the full day!
Smart thermostats figure out your schedule and correct the temp when you’re out and about to help you save energy and money. You can also adjust the conditions from anywhere with your phone.
These pro tips will all help keep summer energy expenses low. If you conclude it’s time to improve your thermostat or need AC installation, give us a call at 954-736-4314 or contact us online. We’ll help you figure out the right fit for your space. And like always, all our services are protected by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.