Spring is wonderful for more than a few reasons: flowers start to bloom, you can crack windows for crisp air and your power bill is commonly at its most economical. That’s because you’re not using your heating or air conditioner.
But as mercury begins to climb, so do your energy bills. Here are a few tips for saving energy in Fort Lauderdale and keeping payments down.
1. Book Annual AC Maintenance
Giving your AC system an annual tune-up can help it run more efficiently and reduce costs. Switching out your air filter will help keep energy charges low.
If your HVAC equipment has had better days, spring is a smart time to upgrade it. The energy-saving technology in updated cooling systems is a huge benefit for keeping your energy expenses down.
2. Start with Your Thermostat
There’s a painless way you can save up to 10% on HVAC charges. Just turn your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours each day.
Understanding how to effectively use your thermostat is the easiest way to lower energy charges in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re in the house. Think about it this way, the smaller the difference between outdoor temperatures and inside temperatures, the less expensive your energy cost will be.
- When you’re out, set the thermostat to a considerably higher temperature or shut it off. There’s no reason to cool an empty house.
3. Take Advantage of Other Methods to Cool Your House
You can turn to a few other methods to help keep your house cool:
- Use a ceiling fan—By starting a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no loss in comfort. Have your fan spin counterclockwise during the summer, which pushes cool air upward. This distributes cool air more evenly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds closed—Sunlight quickly transforms into heat as it passes through windows. Keep your residence comfortable by shutting blinds and curtains when you’re not using sunny areas.
4. Consider Using a Smart Thermostat
You’re out of the house and immediately realize you forgot to turn up the thermostat. Then you stew about it the full day!
Smart thermostats figure out your routine and correct the temp when you’re out and about to help you save energy and money. You can also adjust the temperature from anywhere with your phone.
These expert ideas will all help keep summer energy expenses low. If you think it’s time to improve your thermostat or need AC installation, give us a call at 954-736-4314 or contact us online. We’ll help you choose the right product for your space. And as always, all our services are backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.