Scheduling routine AC maintenance is worth the effort.
Service keeps your air conditioner system in Fort Lauderdale working at its best performance while keeping energy usage small. It also can even help lengthen its life cycle.
While there are a few jobs you can finish on your own, you should hire Experts, like the ones at Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, for AC checks and service.
Here are a few steps you can do by yourself as you prepare for summer.
Get Your AC Checkup Set
Spring is a season of rejuvenation, and to many that includes a large portion of indoors, garage and yard sprucing. With the toastier temperatures approaching, it’s also a great idea to add AC service on that checklist.
Spring is the best time to get your AC unit scrubbed and checked out. Hesitating to switch it on until the first sweltering day of the year can be a gamble. If you have to have repair or a new unit, you might be waiting awhile for an appointment. And that might become awfully uncomfortable.
And for those with allergies, being ahead of the game with a fresh cooling system will help ensure the greatest indoor air quality while it’s pollen season.
Additionally, AC service could be required for your unit’s manufacturer warranty or any additional extended warranty.
Can I Finish Service Alone?
There are methods that you can complete to help keep your air conditioner system in the top condition:
- Put in a new air filter. Filthy filters limit airflow and could reduce your equipment’s efficiency. While how often you should replace it depends on the type of filter you use, the U.S. Department of Energy advises each month or two. This is very necessary if you suffer from allergies or have a cat in your house.
- Lawn upkeep by the exterior condenser. Make sure there’s no grass, weeds or bushes near your cooling system. We recommend keeping 2–3 feet of clear area. You should also get rid of any leaves or branches that have collected inside your system, because this might impede airflow.
Let the Experts Take Care of the Rest
What’s left to do? If you call Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 954-736-4314, the initial thing we may do is compliment you for all the steps you’ve already finished. Then our Experts get down to the nitty gritty. We’ll inspect your unit and make sure it’s operating properly with these steps:
- Adjusting electrical connections to ensure secure operation.
- Lubrication to keep moving pieces working like they should and potentially stay clear of malfunctions.
- Cleaning the condensate drain line to remove leak-creating mold and blockages.
- Straightening coil fins to avoid decreased airflow.
- Cleansing the exterior coil to get rid of any blockage from soil and grass.
- Checking controls to ensure your equipment is starting, operating and shutting off correctly.
- Analyzing the operating temperature parameters to ensure your system has the right refrigeration charge.
If we discover problems that involve extra work, we are set to offer you the most reasonable choice. Finding likely issues early may solve more expensive troubles later. This also offers you time to strategize if your equipment is getting older.
When you need a modern cooling system, our Experts will partner with you to find the right equipment for your family. We also offer financing to help make your new unit fit your budget. Whatever your AC needs are, you can rest easy knowing our Experts will take care of you.
Need to schedule your maintenance? Contact us at 954-736-4314 or schedule an appointment online right away.