We have discussed common air conditioning problems, now we’d like to review common furnace and heating issues Fort Lauderdale homeowners often call Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning about. Although there are theoretically hundreds of causes why your Fort Lauderdale home’s furnace or heating system may need to be repaired. Listed below are the top five complications that may cause your furnace or heating equipment to break down:
1. Thermostat breaks producing no heat, fan spinning or comfort problems
2. Air passage problems from fan motors, belts and bearings, causing furnace overheating or poor heating control
3. Old and clogged filters resulting in airflow and comfort problems
4. Problem with the furnace ignition or pilot light, resulting in spotty or no heat
5. Inconsistent maintenance history may cause unexpected breakdowns, poor comfort or higher energy costs (plus a lot of homeowner frustration!)
Each of these common issues can be resolved by a professionally qualified, NATE-certified technician. Technicians from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning can quickly detect the problem area and make the necessary repairs. Purchasing a precision tune-up or maintenance plan could advert practically all heating problems that leave you with no heat or low comfort levels. During a tune-up, all the components are checked and serviced so they run correctly and at top efficiency during the heating season. Critical items like Carbon Monoxide checks, ample combustion air, equipment clearances, and equipment safety are also top elements to the tune-up process. Don’t forget – safety first! Never forget that furnaces of any age may pose safety hazards from combustion or gases, particularly if a NATE-certified technician has not maintained the equipment regularly.
Contact Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning of Fort Lauderdale at to schedule an appointment today if you would like a technician to check out your furnace system.