There are a lot of gases that could be inside your Fort Lauderdale home. Natural gas and fumes that derive from household furniture, flooring and paints. None of these fumes are as dangerous as carbon monoxide.
Reach Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 954-736-4314 now to start shielding your loved ones against this toxic gas.
Why is Carbon Monoxide so Toxic?
Carbon monoxide could be an emergency, so it’s not a thing to mess around with.
1. You Can’t Smell It
Carbon monoxide is life-threatening because you cannot observe it, detect it with your nose or taste it. It doesn’t cause irritation in little concentrations and can’t be purified.
2. It Can Be Deadly After Only Minutes
Carbon monoxide is a side effect of burnt fuel. It can leak into your house during the winter if the heat exchanger on your gas furnace cracks. Based on how big the leak is and the circulation in a residence, it may become deadly in just a few minutes.
Once inhaled, the gas has a half-life of approximately five hours. If you are taking in pure air, it will take five hours to remove it from your system. It will take another five hours to decrease that concentration by half.
3. Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Can Act Like Other Illnesses
The gas could also mirror illnesses that can be mistaken as the flu, viral infections and chronic fatigue syndrome, among other conditions.
How to Guard Your Home from Carbon Monoxide
There’s no reason to take a chance with carbon monoxide poisoning.
Here are some steps you can do to keep your home safe:
- Every house with at least one natural gas furnace, connected garage or fireplace requires a carbon monoxide system. It’s necessary to have a detector on every level of your house, in addition to the basement and garage. You also should have one installed inside or outside of all bedrooms. Aren’t using a carbon monoxide detector in your house?
Call Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 954-736-4314 to get one. Ask our technicians about our reasonable Wi-Fi carbon monoxide alarms.
- If you presently use a carbon monoxide system, regularly look at or replace the batteries. You should test batteries every three months, and replace the detector every three to five years.
- If your carbon monoxide alarm sounds, exit your residence without delay and call 911.
Protect Your Family with Support from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning
Carbon monoxide doesn’t have to be scary, and with the right precautions your home can be guarded from the toxic gas. Make the proper changes and call Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 954-736-4314 to learn more.