Imagine it’s a scorching hot summer day, and your AC unit suddenly goes out. You start calling around looking for emergency AC repair, but the temperature keeps rising while you wait for a service technician to arrive. Talk about a headache!
Routine air conditioner maintenance is an important tool in preventing this situation. But how do you know when it’s time for a tune-up? And, is it really worth setting up an appointment if your air conditioner doesn’t seem like it has any problems at all? Find out why taking a proactive approach is the secret to keeping you and your AC unit easily producing cool air even on the hottest days.
How Often Should You Service Your AC?
To keep your air conditioner operating efficiently, HVAC specialists highly recommend servicing it a minimum of once each year. Annual cooling maintenance ensures your AC unit remains in optimal condition, avoiding potential concerns and increasing its life span.
As for when to schedule air conditioner maintenance, spring is the best time to get that done. This enables you to fix potential issues before the summer heat arrives, ensuring your system runs smoothly during the hot summer months.
However, if spring is past, and you weren't able to schedule AC service, don’t wait another year. When it comes to increasing cooling efficiency with preventive maintenance, it’s better to do it late than not at all.
What Does AC Service Involve?
An air conditioning tune-up is a comprehensive process involving various steps. This is why DIY maintenance is not recommended. Here are some key aspects of the work you can expect to be done during a routine service call:
- Complete inspection: The technician visually examines your air conditioning unit for potential problems53 or areas requiring attention.
- Cleaning: The technician uses specialized tools and proven techniques to clean the condenser coil, evaporator coil, condensate drain line and other parts to ensure your system runs efficiently.
- Lubrication and tightening: Moving parts are lubricated to reduce friction and protect against wear and tear. Then, electrical connections are tightened to promote safe equipment operation.
- Filter replacement: Replacing the filter improves air quality and helps the unit run more efficiently. HVAC professionals advise doing this yourself every few months to maintain proper airflow.
- System test: Before deeming the job complete, your cooling specialist will run a test cycle to make sure the system starts, operates and shuts down the way it should.
Benefits of Routine Air Conditioner Service
Many individuals ask themselves if routine maintenance is worth the investment. The fact is, scheduled air conditioner tune-ups help achieve better performance and home comfort. Some key benefits include:
- Increased energy efficiency: A well-maintained AC unit requires less electricity to keep your home cool, leading to lower utility expenses and a smaller carbon footprint.
- Lower repair costs: It’s much easier to spot potential issues early when a technician carefully inspects your HVAC system every spring. A relatively small repair, like replacing a fraying fan belt, helps you avoid costly and inconvenient breakdowns later in the season.
- Higher air quality: A clean cooling system translates into better air circulation and fewer airborne allergens for a healthier living environment.
- Extended equipment life: Like getting routine oil changes to help your car run longer, consistent AC service extends the life of your AC, saving you on untimely replacement expenses.
How Much Does AC Service Cost?
Preventive maintenance isn’t a free service, but you should think of it as an investment, not an unnecessary expense. After all, regular servicing helps you save on utility bills, complicated and expensive repairs or the cost of buying a new system.
To maximize your savings, consider enrolling in a maintenance plan from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. For just one low monthly fee, you’ll reduce the risk of breakdowns and improve energy efficiency for ongoing savings. Choose from three different plans to meet your needs and price range. You’ll enjoy several benefits no matter which one you pick, including:
- Regular tune-ups: Our maintenance plans include yearly AC tune-ups, ensuring your system stays in peak condition.
- Priority service: Members go to the front of the line when scheduling appointments, even during peak call volumes.
- Discounts: Save 15% on repairs and services, as well as other discounts on new equipment.
- Repair guarantee: For your assurance, we guarantee the quality of our repairs for a year.
Schedule Air Conditioner Service in North America
Plainly, regular AC maintenance is crucial for increasing performance and ensuring home comfort. Schedule an annual visit, preferably in the spring, to prevent breakdowns and appreciate numerous other benefits of a well-maintained air conditioner.
As for choosing a company to perform the work, Service Experts is clearly the top choice, with skilled Experts, comprehensive maintenance plans and a laser-sharp focus on customer satisfaction. Trust your air conditioner maintenance to the Experts, and you’ll keep your home cool and comfortable all year. To learn more or arrange your next AC tune-up, please contact a Service Experts office near you today.