Summer is normally a busy time of year for many folks in Fort Lauderdale. Whether it’s a family reunion, a long-awaited vacation or any host of other exciting activities, summer not only brings about busy schedules, but that dreaded Fort Lauderdale heat as well.
We know you’ve already handled all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs well in advance of summer, so what else can you do to stay cool during those days where you can’t go to an air conditioned oasis? Health Canada has five suggestions:
Spending time outdoors is what summer is all about, but staying safe in the Fort Lauderdale heat is non-negotiable. And when you do finally make it back to air conditioning, make sure you’ve handled all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs so you don’t have to worry about it breaking down in the heat of the summer. Give Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning a call at or set up an appointment online if you have any questions about potential AC repair or how you can ensure that your air conditioner is running at its best in the Fort Lauderdale heat.
- Stay in an air conditioned area as much as you can. Of course, outdoor activities make this tough, but if you are able to take a quick break and utilize an air conditioned building at a park or a vehicle’s air conditioning, take advantage of it.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Sip on your drink even if you don't think thirsty, as thirst can be an early warning of dehydration. If you begin to experience muscle cramping, take a break as it can also be an early sign of dehydration or a different heat-related illness.
- Take precautions when organizing outdoor activities. Any type of workout or athletic practices should be held earlier or later in the day when the Fort Lauderdale temperatures are more tolerable.
- Dress to stay cooler in high temperatures. Light-colored, lightweight and loose-fitting clothing are your best choice.
- Keep your shower or bath a little colder than usual. It can help you cool down a little quicker so you can get back to basking in your home’s air conditioning.