Summer is normally a crazy time of year for many folks in Fort Lauderdale. Whether it’s a family reunion, an extended vacation or any host of other exciting activities, summer not only brings about full schedules, but that dreaded Fort Lauderdale heat as well.
We know you’ve already taken care of all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs long before summer came, so what else can you do to stay cool during those days where you can’t go to an air conditioned oasis? Health Canada has five suggestions:
Spending time outdoors is what summer is all about, but staying safe in the Fort Lauderdale heat is non-negotiable. And when you do finally make it back to air conditioning, make sure you’ve taken care of all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs so you never have to worry about it going out in the heat of the summer. Give Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning a call at 954-736-4314 or set up an appointment online if you have any questions about potential AC repair or how you can make sure that your air conditioner is running at its best in the Fort Lauderdale heat.
- Stay in an air conditioned area as much as you can. Of course, outdoor activities make this tough, but if you are able to take a quick break and take advantage an air conditioned building at a park or a vehicle’s air conditioning, do so.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Sip on your drink even if you don't think thirsty, as thirst can be an early warning of dehydration. If you begin to experience muscle cramping, take a breather as it can also be an early indicator of dehydration or another heat-related illness.
- Take special measures when organizing outdoor activities. Any kind of workout or athletic practices should be done earlier or later in the day when the Fort Lauderdale temperatures are more tolerable.
- Dress to stay cooler in high temperatures. Light-colored, lightweight and loose-fitting clothing are your best choice.
- Keep your shower or bath a little colder than usual. It can help you cool down a tad quicker so you can get back to basking in your home’s air conditioning.