Air conditioners don’t last for a lifetime, no matter the brand or quality. If you’re getting ready for air conditioning replacement too? It varies based on your situation.
Here are several factors to think about, plus the pluses of avoiding a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Points to Ask When Thinking Over Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are key questions to answer prior to making your decision:
- How old is your furnace? Furnaces can run up to 20 years, while air conditioners run for about 15 years. If your furnace is more than a 15 years old, we advise replacing it alongside your air conditioner. If it was installed earlier than this, you can usually hold on it.
- What type of air conditioner are you installing? Lots of homeowners are swapping out their outdated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed models. This uses less energy and increases comfort by working at several speeds. Air conditioners rely on the furnace blower to distribute air. So, if you use a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to get a new one to enjoy the full comfort and perks of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace deliver the correct air flow? Your furnace needs to deliver the proper amount of air to keep your house comfortable. A modern air conditioner might need a different indoor coil. So, it’s crucial your furnace is appropriately sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, such as one from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, can estimate that static pressure of your system and make the correct recommendation.
- Is the installation tricky? You’ll make it easier on your tech and your pocketbook if you install both units together.
Why You Should Replace Your Furnace and Air Conditioner at the Same Time
If your furnace and air conditioner work together and are properly sized, there aren’t typically any large short-term drawbacks. A mismatched setup is often temporary until the other system stops working. You can skip the temporary repair by replacing your furnace and air conditioner simultaneously. And, you’ll enjoy these perks:
- Improved efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll guarantee everything runs at peak efficiency, making your home comfier and lowering your yearly utility costs.
- Decreased HVAC repairs: If you install a new air conditioner but keep the old furnace, you never know when it could stop working for good. In the interim, you’ll shell out for repairs that could have paid for a modern furnace.
- Possible discounts: You can spend less on labor by having both replaced at once. And you could even qualify for a special deal since you’re getting new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to replace your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, turn to Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. We get the price of replacing your entire system may stress you out, so we’ll make your investment reasonable through special coupons or our stress-free Advantage Program™. You can receive a new, high-efficiency unit at no money down and merely one low monthly price. And all maintenance and repairs in the future are included!*
You can feel good knowing that our team is completely trained, experienced and ACE-certified to ensure a job done right the first time. Plus, we give you a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 954-736-4314 to schedule an HVAC installation estimate today!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.