Air conditioners don’t last for a lifetime, no matter the brand or quality. If you’re prepping for air conditioning replacement in Fort Lauderdale, you could be considering—should you also schedule furnace replacement too? It varies based on your situation.
Here are a few factors to think over, in addition to the benefits of avoiding a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Things to Ask When Thinking About Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are key questions to answer prior to making your decision:
- How old is your furnace? Furnaces can run up to 20 years, while air conditioners work for about 15 years. If your furnace is past a 15 years old, plan to replace it alongside your air conditioner. If it’s much less than 15 years old than this, you can probably hold on it.
- What type of air conditioner are you installing? Lots of homeowners are swapping out their dated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed models. This uses less energy and increases comfort by operating at varying speeds. Air conditioners depend on the furnace blower to disperse air. So, if you use a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to get a new one to enjoy the full comfort and perks of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace give the correct air flow? Your furnace needs to deliver the proper amount of air to keep your residence comfortable. An updated air conditioner might call for a different indoor coil. So, it’s crucial your furnace is correctly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, such as one from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, can estimate that static pressure of your system and give the correct recommendation.
- Is the installation tricky? You’ll make it easier on your Expert and your pocketbook if you get new systems together.
Why You Should Replace Your Furnace and Air Conditioner at the Same Time
If your furnace and air conditioner work together and are properly sized, there aren’t typically any big short-term consequences. A mismatched setup is often temporary until the other system goes out. You can skip the band-aid repair by replacing your furnace and air conditioner simultaneously. And, you’ll get these perks:
- Improved efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll make sure everything runs at peak efficiency, making your home cozier and lowering your long-term heating and cooling costs.
- Reduced HVAC repairs: If you put in new air conditioner but keep the old furnace, you never know when it could stop working for good. Meanwhile, you’ll shell out for repairs that could have paid for a new furnace.
- Possible discounts: You can pay less for labor by having both put in at once. And you could even be eligible for a special deal as you’re getting new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to replace your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, turn to Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. We know the price of replacing your entire system may stress you out, so we’ll make your investment economical through special discounts or our headache-free Advantage Program™. You can receive a new, high-efficiency unit at no money down and simply one low monthly price. And all maintenance and repairs in the future are included!*
You can feel good knowing that our team is thoroughly trained, experienced and NATE-certified to ensure a job done correctly the first time. Plus, we include a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 954-736-4314 to schedule an HVAC installation estimate today!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.