Your heating and cooling system is essential to home comfort and high air quality. The furnace and air conditioner work tirelessly in the background, heating, cooling, regulating the humidity and filtering your home's indoor air. Lots of homeowners take this functionality for granted until they're suddenly left without them. If your air conditioner has ever broken down on a scorching summer day, or the furnace can't generate enough heat during a blizzard, you understand what this is like firsthand.
No homeowner wants to deal with last minute repairs, higher energy bills or inconsistent home comfort. What if you had a way to ensure a continuous source of healthy, conditioned air when you want it most?
That’s where preventive HVAC maintenance comes in handy. Like getting an oil change for your car, regularly scheduled tune-ups are a must for keeping your HVAC system in good shape. And to get the maximum from each maintenance visit, you should look into signing up for an HVAC maintenance contract.
This contract is an arrangement between you and the HVAC contractor. Participation takes the guessing out of HVAC service by providing routine maintenance, savings on repair work between scheduled service calls and other perks. An HVAC maintenance contract isn't required to schedule tune-ups with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, but we highly recommend signing up. Here are six reasons why.
1. Automatic Reminders to Schedule HVAC Maintenance
Life gets busy, so it’s easy to forget about requesting furnace maintenance in the fall and air conditioning maintenance before the spring. With an HVAC membership, you’ll receive consistent reminders to get an appointment on your calendar. If you’re unfamiliar with why HVAC maintenance is so important, consider these benefits:
- Expose small problems early: Issues with your home comfort system often develop slowly. When a technician checks the internal components once a year, it’s possible to find and take care of small problems before they become big headaches.
- Decrease the risk of equipment failures: By securing that loose fan belt and stabilizing the off-kilter blower motor during a maintenance visit, the likelihood of a mid-season breakdown goes down.
- Lower repair costs: Scheduled HVAC maintenance is an affordable, foreseeable cost that eliminates the need for numerous major repairs.
- Enhance energy efficiency: The Department of Energy estimates that yearly maintenance can enhance HVAC efficiency by close to 30%, reducing your heating and cooling bills in the process.
- Encourage home comfort: When your HVAC system functions the way it should, airflow improves for pleasant temperatures and more balanced humidity in every room.
- Lengthen the system’s life span: A clean, tuned-up, well-lubricated HVAC system can survive for years longer than a neglected one, saving you on premature replacement expenses.
- Guarantee safety: An equipment and safety inspection during every visit delivers peace of mind that your home comfort system is working as intended.
- Maintain your warranty: The majority of HVAC manufacturers prioritize preventive maintenance to such a degree that they require annual tune-ups to keep your warranty active. Investing a little in maintenance now safeguards you from expensive repairs that your warranty will cover.
2. Priority Service
Having an HVAC maintenance contract puts you at the front of the line when you schedule an emergency repair. You can usually expect same-day service—even for nights, weekends and holidays—thanks to 24/7/365 guaranteed priority service for members.
3. Priority Install
Planning to replace your home comfort system? An HVAC maintenance plan grants access to the quickest installs possible, even during the busiest times of year.
4. Marked Down Repairs and Services
Regular maintenance reduces the need for repair calls, but if your system needs some attention, having an HVAC maintenance agreement provides a 15% discount. You’ll also enjoy 15% off indoor air quality products, such as pleated filters, whole-house humidifiers and charged media air cleaners.
5. No Trip Charge
Utility repairs are sometimes unavoidable, but they can get pricey fast. Thankfully, with an HVAC agreement, you’ll never be expected to pay trip charges or overtime fees, even for emergency and after-hour appointments.
6. Repair Guarantee
How can you know the technician has completed a job well done? Put your mind at ease with a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all repairs and installations for one year. If the results leave you dissatisfied, your technician will return to set things right.
Sign Up for an HVAC Maintenance Contract
Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning offers three HVAC membership levels: Priority+™, Maintenance+™ and the Service Experts Advantage™ Program. Take a look at what each plan offers and contact our staff to help you figure out the optimum plan for your needs and budget. We’re happy to address any questions you have before registering. For more info about our HVAC maintenance contracts or to request a tune-up, please contact your local Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning office today.