Preventing it from happening is the most important step. Completing proper safety precautions will decrease your risk of carbon monoxide poisoning in Fort Lauderdale.
Here are several steps you can take to keep your family safe:
- Idle your car away from your garage. Cars are a large source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so do not leave yours going in the small space of a garage. The same goes for gas equipment such as lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t operate ovens or grills for heat. These items are safe when used right but can make carbon monoxide when run for an extensive period of time in little spaces.
- Don’t operate a gas generator indoors, because it makes fumes.
- Have your chimney checked by a professional. This verifies chimneys and vents aren’t clogged and connected correctly.
- Verify gas appliances are operating properly, especially your furnace. You can ensure efficient, safe operation by requesting yearly furnace maintenance with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning.