Stopping it from happening is the most crucial step. Completing proper safety precautions will decrease your risk of carbon monoxide poisoning in Fort Lauderdale.
Here are a couple steps you can take to keep your family safe:
- Idle your car out of your garage. Cars are a large source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so do not leave yours going in the small space of a garage. The same applies for gas equipment including lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t operate ovens or grills for heat. These items are safe when used correctly but can produce carbon monoxide when on for an extended period of time in little spaces.
- Don’t operate a gas generator indoors, as it produces fumes.
- Have your chimney checked by a professional. This verifies chimneys and vents aren’t clogged and connected appropriately.
- Verify gas appliances are operating properly, particularly your furnace. You can ensure efficient, safe operation by requesting yearly furnace maintenance with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning.